Hive of Lights to Perfections

Frank and honest endeavoring for the truth, and if possible along the way, a few pence. Whatever comes I hope it's good. Otherwise this could end up being one major waste of time and bandwith, your's and mine.

Name:
Location: United States

I enjoy creating. I enjoy wondering why I enjoy creating. I like to think that I like to think, but when it really comes to brass tacks--I try not to sit on them. In other words I'm a fair weather thinker. My experience is that intuition grants us far more value than any self induced knowledge, though I by no means advocate the abondonment of ration or logic. I simply believe that it's not all of which some seem to think it is. At least not in it's current state of accessability to humanity at large. I gladly forsake any semblance of openmindedness or equality in the view of mortals to touch, and remain as close to, that which is truly divine in life.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

To Cope with the Mundane.

There seems to be a superstition among many thousands of our young who hold hands and smooch in the drive-ins that marriage is a cottage surrounded by perpetual hollyhocks, to which a perpetually young and handsome husband comes home to a perpetually young and ravishing wife. When the hollyhocks wither and boredom and bills appear, the divorce courts are jammed.

Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just ordinary people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. . . .

Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.


--Jenkin Lloyd Jones

This quotes helped me alot. Life is not so much lowering expectations as it is insuring we have the most correct and noble ones we can have.

--Find the Hive

4 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Your quote rules! We cannot expect life to be constantly the way we like it. Although idealism is beautiful that we dare dream and strive to gain something more out of life, it does make us unhappy unsatisfied people if we can't attain the things we want.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Hofman said...

So, the real question is...Who are you?? I surely appreciate your comment...but after attending to your what, six blogs?? I have no idea who you are. Maybe I should have read the entries...but that would have taken a century. That almost rhymes. OKAY...so...lemme know. Lates

10:16 PM  
Blogger HiveRadical said...

You said you wanted to know "who" I am. I'm a 25 year old kid in Utah, a member of the LDS Church (often known as the 'Mormon' Church). I'll likely be heading back to school this fall after an almost two year hiatus. I have seven sisters and a brother. I'm a news and history junkie. I can't really say exactly "who" I am because I don't trust the forum provided in these blogs, or the internet in general.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,
your words are rather profound.
just a note to say thanks for commenting on my post, for most of my friends don't even bother.

thanks~

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home