Hive of Lights to Perfections

Frank and honest endeavoring for the truth, and if possible along the way, a few pence. Whatever comes I hope it's good. Otherwise this could end up being one major waste of time and bandwith, your's and mine.

Name:
Location: United States

I enjoy creating. I enjoy wondering why I enjoy creating. I like to think that I like to think, but when it really comes to brass tacks--I try not to sit on them. In other words I'm a fair weather thinker. My experience is that intuition grants us far more value than any self induced knowledge, though I by no means advocate the abondonment of ration or logic. I simply believe that it's not all of which some seem to think it is. At least not in it's current state of accessability to humanity at large. I gladly forsake any semblance of openmindedness or equality in the view of mortals to touch, and remain as close to, that which is truly divine in life.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Love

What is love?

I like the view of it as being some physically indiscernible, yet all too real, connection between two people. Such as it's described in the book “Xenocide”, by Orson Scott Card, where it talks about 'philotic connections.' Not that I view it quite that way. And there is the issue with needing to have some degree of knowledge in order to truly effect love between two beings. Intelligence, or knowledge about the being, seems to be a requisite to the degree and capacity to effect love. Whatever that means.

Any other thoughts on this? This is much to big for a single post. Heck, it's too much for a single internet's worth of discussion.

--Find the Hive

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

True. To know is to love. To know of the other's flaws, mistakes and imperfections and still accept him/her wholly for who he/she really is (and what he/she represents) without any conditions, without any stipulations.. (inspite and despite).. that I guess is what love is all about. At times, I believe that to love is also the willingness of thinking less of oneself for the sake/benefit of another, caring less for one's personal advantages for another person. Is it too idealistic?

11:42 PM  
Blogger HiveRadical said...

See my response in the form of a new post.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home